PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ormond Beach.
Thread: Ormond Beach.
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2008, 18:56
Ogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Listen to steve????

frankly it's something I would be wary of. Steve tried to ntroduce a new thing for the instructors to teach us students. He tried to say that we should have both hands on the controls when landing. I know that I am only new to this but to me but that seems silly. I mean what if something happens and you need an immediate input of power. To me that second or two where you reach for the power could be crucial especially for the student who may panic and miss the power or something. For a professional this seems to me a bad way to go about it and all the instructors that i spoke to about it agreed.

As for the night rating it was included in the price. They give you 3 hours dual night then 2 hours solo. I took the three hours dual and decided to give the 2 hours solo a miss. I wasn't comfortable on my own so I figured I would concentrate on the ppl and could always get the night rating again.

Ken is gone from the school. Bill is there alright. He is good craic. When you meet him first you think whats up his a** but infact he is really good. He gives you a good kick if you need it.

The price all in was around 5-6 grand. I haven't quite gotten round to doing my maths on the money yet

Again I had no problems with the school and am only offering my opinions. You can take them or leave them.