PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2008, 00:30
jupilair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Poose,

I hope for you the best and I hope that straight after your training you will get your dream job, but I am afraid that nowadays, you will have to join the queue and most probably before joining FR or others well known companies you will have to take already some weeks or perhaps months of unpaid leave.
I don't wish you this way but it's the way of 90% of ab initio's.
You begin full of hope sending cv everywhere, sure that within a week you will receive a positive answer...weeks pass...before you received your first negative answer, after some more weeks and negative answers you begin to think to do instruction flights, towing gliders flights.... but the problem is that even for those flights the queue is really long.
More time, less money, more time, less money, more time, less money... after the first year you begin to consider"Oh my god" to pay for a TR, you use the bottom of your pocket to pay it but even there you discover that the selection is not easy and willing to pay don't open directly all the doors.
Let's say after all, that you secure a TR and a contract with FR, most probably in debt, you will just want to fly the max hours to secure a good future for you...and your family( if you succeed to create one or even harder to kept the one you had before your training).
By then if you have the balls to stand-up, to open your mouth with the risk to loose everything, You will become, for sure, my hero...

Happy landing

Last edited by jupilair; 4th Oct 2008 at 01:11. Reason: Spelling