PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 23:58
The Black Panther

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clipped wrote:
Coupled with the news of Dixon's payout - it just reinforces what we have all despised about this crop of management - their lies, greed, selfishness etc etc.
I totally agree. The French Prime Minister has described the current credit crunch as being "on the edge of an abyss". Oil prices have fell back to $90 because of world recession due a slowing in demand. Spain, Ireland, Japan and the Netherlands to name a few, are all in recession. Dixon steps off the podium after saying 2009 will be very tough and puts his hand out for the $12m after wasting $150m fighting LAMEs over $2-$3m. I'm not angry, I just feel disillusioned by the immoral and unethical acts corporate leaders display. For our world to be a better place we can do without these two-faced parasites like GD. There are some great leaders out there but unfortunately we encountered one the most distasteful CEO Qantas has ever appointed. I laugh at the one time GD had to make a decision (APA Equity takeover) and it would have sent us to the wall. If oil prices didn't nail us the heavily laden debt we would have carried under the equity model would have. Could you imagine QF obtaining more debt in the climate that will surround business in the next few years. As usual the big red rat was lucky, this time it saved our jobs.

Let's move on and hope his legacy of short term profit, ahead of customers and employees not forgetting deception, lies, greed .....is forever forgotten. I hope his mother still loves him?

Even though some of my peers are reluctant to forget too quickly about the buggery campaign, like any good relationship we need to forgive and move on (note: I did note say forget). Bitterness won't help our long term goals of getting engineering back to the high standards we all know can be achieved.