PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 16:02
flyer914

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a word of encouragement

Having followed and getting reasonably depressed by various “am I too old” and “economic downturn” threads for a year now, I think it’s about time for a little encouragement. I’m an almost 40 years old central European, changed my career, did my FAA commercial license a couple of weeks ago (not very helpful if you want to fly in Europe), sent my CV to one operator only (a small regional airline in Asia), got one interview and one job offer (which I happily accepted of course!). No, I have no connection whatsoever to the management, no relationship with the CEOs daughter and my CV is not that impressive at all (certainly not my TT). The point that I’m trying to make is, that while many of the posts in these gloomy threads are true- the jobs are still out there!
Now that I got my foot in the door, I believe what it really comes down to is: “network like there is no tomorrow” -like one guy in this forum wisely put it, don’t give up, stay positive and go wherever the jobs are- don’t wait for them to chase you – they won’t anytime soon.