PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 08:52
Ryanairpilot

Location: the forest from which little acorns do big oak trees grow.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tooloose (et al)

You suggest that the alternative to compulsory unpaid leave is that Ryanair will fail (your word)
RTFP I was responding to stansdead's implication that ryanair would fail.

Since you all seem to blame ryanair pilots for your and others current terms and conditions why dont you join ryanair and continue your principled crusade from within? Nah, thought not. (cue multiple posts "I'd never work for them..."). Quite happy to hurl insults from the safety of anonymity.

No, the purpose of this cheap trick is not to protect your job but to soften you up to accept winter layoff as the norm in future years
There you go - if you worked for ryanair you would know that everybody knows how he works. Believe me I'm no fan of oleary's methods but he has created such a disparate workforce that united action is nigh on impossible.

Make no mistake about it this was the way business was done in many industries before the advent of unions
Again if you worked for ryanair you would know that there is a significant feeling of being led up the garden path by the unions about a year ago. I'm afraid they share 50% of the blame for the current malaise.

Everybody should go and read all the posts by Rubik101 (who I do not know) and captplaystation (who I do know and is a very experienced and respected pilot) and accept those as a general indication of the attitude of the main pilot body in ryanair. If you cannot accept that then this message board is not the place for you.

Please do not respond with "My mate says that......".

If you do not know first hand, then you do not know.