PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2008, 00:45
Ryanairpilot

Location: the forest from which little acorns do big oak trees grow.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stansdead

I have not a clue what you are on about. If ryanair fails then we are all out of a job whether we have had a week of unpaid leave or not. (BTW banks always look as if they have strong balance sheets - its the stuff that's 'off balance sheet' that brings em down)

poose

My leadership/management/command training... call it whatever you like, stems from time served at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and commissioned service
oh dear....don't tell me... you were just pipped at the post for the sword too.

a bit more than a two week MCC..
For you it sounds as if the MCC would have been the better choice

I currently cannot afford anywhere because all of my cash is tied up in my training for a profession which may be changing for the worst, because naive newbies and ignoramuses are signing away their rights with abhorrent terms and conditions.
Aaah..now we're getting to the nub of the matter.....but wait a minute..

All of the doommongers and companymen derided me as a troublemaker
Could there possibly be a link here?

Some friendly advice - if you are looking to join an industry that has the same pampered life of the mess and all the allowances and benefits you could ever dream of you will be bitterly disappointed. If you are willing to roll with the punches in a wildly cyclical fickle industry then keep going. It is a decent crust but always have an escape plan. If you are getting this stressed at the initial training stage then I would seriously consider something else. I have been working for over 30 years now. In that time I have worked for quite a few companies, mostly airlines but some not and that includes auntie betty, and trust me there is no utopia. Look after yourself and keep your loved ones safe - anything else is a bonus.