PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Change at SAA
Thread: Change at SAA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 19:07
Pitch&Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In all the years that I've been flying (and even reading about flying), there have always been big egos involved. To deny that most pilots are egocentric is simply a denial of a very well documented truth. This has always existed in aviation, and those who fly for SAA are certainly no exception. Competitiveness is a good thing... Slander is not.

What gets my goat is the persistent derogatory commentary that comes from a few disgruntled pilots outside of SAA about the airline. This criticism is very seldom objective, reasonable or accurately apportioned.

To imagine that SAA pilots will forever read this drivel and never respond is a fantastical perception. We have many in our ranks that would manage the moment passionately if this conversation was conducted face to face with the likes of some of the chaps posting on this thread.

So let's get real folks. Criticism... Sure. It can only help to keep us honest, and there's always the hope that such criticism will help to improve matters, whatever they may be.

But, bitter, twisted and destructive vitriol originating from a few jealous, or slightly dim-witted individuals... Sorry , but it simply isn't the ****.

And to anyone who may be reading this thread... By no means should you let my expressions tar all the rest of SAA's pilots with the same brush. I'm altogether on my own mission! How any of the others wish to respond is entirely their own prerogative.

Cheers,

Pitch&Fan