PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 year allowed to fly, Turkish pilot fired
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 16:01
FrequentSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, it intrigues me how Mercury Dancer can make comments like
"As a passenger I would have objected to a child being on the flight deck" as surely at 47 years old he would have been flying pre 9/11, even when I was 12 in 1989 he would have been 28 and just how many times did he object to a child being on the FD? I would bet that it was a big fat none. But surely, if his argument was vaild, that he would object to a child on the FD as they are an unsafe person (from a control perspective), rather than the fact that it breaks mosts companies SOP's, then he would have been objecting on most flights he's ever taken between 1961 and now - Infact I hazard a guess that he felt himself unsafe to visit the FD when he was a child and therefore doesn't see why anyone else should have had the chance to do it.
While I understand your happiness for what happened to you and frankly I envy it. I am totally against your post. First of all you should not have anything personal with another poster, secondly you should not forget that an Airbus 310 crashed because of the actions of a children in the cockpit. Yourself mention in your post that you sit at the commands, exactly what happened in the Aereoflot crash...Am I ready to gamble on it? My answer is a NO NO. No matter what other FO will say, if I see a children going to the cockpit I will raise the issue. I do not distrust the FO however experience teaches...
Regards