PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 15:37
abangjohnny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reading thru pw4000 posting as above, i suddenly remembered...

i have this friend of mine, my bestfriend in fact, chia wee, who failed his maths (d7), combined science (e8) and combined humans (d7) during his O levels and only have 4 O level passes. so yah, he went ite. he did well, and got a place in a local polytechnic.

i would say he's an aviation geek. he knew alot about the aviation world; from the types of airliners all the way to cockpit crew management thingy. he even have a ppl obtained from a flying club in senai.

so yah, chia wee is just another average student with average grades in poly from an average family whom i know who are tight on finance, but chia wee and i share the same dream; to become an airline pilot one day.

now, chia wee asked me to post this 3 questions below from him on this thread. he wanted to know what the thread community's opinions are when he got to know im in it.

so before i forgot again, here are his questions.

1) do u think i have the chance of joining sia or any top airlines considering my 4 O levels at one sitting and my soon-to-be-attained degree in engineering from NTU? im oredy 28 this year.

2) should i continue to study for the cpl/ir with fatpl straight after my graduation from ntu, or just apply for the airlines? im at 100++ hrs of ppl now.

3) does an O level failure and an ite graduate like me increase my chances of not getting a place in any airlines as i heard most airline pilots are jc A level holders with excellent grades and no failures?

ur advices are all truly appreciated.