PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ormond Beach.
Thread: Ormond Beach.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 15:18
Ogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Back

Hi. I just came back from oba yesterday.4 and a half weeks and I have my PPL. I was grounded for half a week with the weather but apart from that was flying everyday. It was hard work doing the exams and the flying in that short space of time but definately do able if your motivated enough.
I have no major gripes with the place. The organisation at times was a little messed up but nothing major. Adrian is grand. You don't really meet him until your checkride. I thought he was sound enough. The instructors there at the minute all seem to be good and interested in what they are doing. How long they stay and teach is another question.
Stephen Fisher is there as head instructor and also does the checkrides for CPL. Again didn't have many dealings with him but he seems to be a bit of a spoon to be honest. He only come in for a feww days and then heads off again and you won't see him for a week or two. Things run alot smoother when he is not there.

Overall though I found it quite good. At the end of the day I went over to get my PPL and to get it done quicker and cheaper than at home.

Misssion Acomplished.