PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 10:13
Talkwrench

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Re post 4287

Does Line Maintenance Management realise that there are plenty of LAME's in the Heavy Maintenance sheds getting minimal to no overtime that are ready and willing to assist the Line boys at any time? All they have to do is ask. If the backlog is so bad on the line, surely Heavy Maintenance Management could let a few LAME's go every now and then. It's not like the blokes are run flat off their feet in the middle of a C4 check (except the sheetys!). It shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to establish an arrangement between the two departments to get some sort of call in system going. Obviously first option at OT being the lineys and then if not enough take up, look at the Heavy Maintenance availability list and call em up. Would any Line guys care to comment? Would you prefer Heavy Maintenance blokes come to assist on OT or would you prefer casuals from outside? Furthermore, I note that in the latest ALAEA notice, it is advised that casuals (if they end up working on line) would be prime candidates for taking up permanent positions as they become available. In my opinion, it should be the Heavy Maintenace and Base Maintenance guys that should be the prime candidates and indeed be given preference for any permanent positions that become available on line. To my mind it seems a logical career progression to develop from apprentice to heavy/base as ame then lame and then progress to line. Any comments?