PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 year allowed to fly, Turkish pilot fired
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 09:47
"aux vaches"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLF and i dont like chicken !

Cockpit Entry - common sense is redundant. A few years ago i was flying away on holiday with my young family (UK carrier, spanish captain)

Packed flight and guess who gets the aisle seat that is not actually bolted to the floor (whole seat easily moveable by hand)

On the ramp ready to push back, everyone looking impatient, muggins standing up asking "is this all right ?" - captain summoned from the flight deck. Charming and concerned he looked at the problem and called for an engineer who said i can't fix this quickly.

Captain said do you mind stting in the cockpit jump seat if i can get permission from "head office"

Captain comes back embarrassed and angry that after several "requests" permission has been refused (post 9/11) to use the obvious solution

He then asks me what do you want to do (deplane or risk the seat) i resent having to make this decision as it should not be mine to make and feel let down by a ridiculous decision from management about the obvious solution suggested by the captain.

I resist the urge to request that the captain is the PF for the landing and that i get a guarantee of compensation if i get injured/killed

I weigh up the pros and cons of a wrecked (expensive) family holiday versus the actual risk of needing all my seat bolts on this particular flight - and go with the one bolt left !

we live in a world where remote risks are often being replaced with real ones !!