PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 1st Oct 2008, 13:47
vaqueroaero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are some shots from a recent trip to Veracruz, Mexico where I did some training with the pilots of the Veracruz State Government. They have 3 Bell 206's, 2 Bell430's, 1 Bell 407 and a Dauphin 365. I was based in Xalapa, but spent a day or two down on the coast in Veracruz. The weather was pretty lousy the whole time. They have had some serious flooding down there and I ended up flying out with them to some of the hard hit areas.

Housing built for the locals.

The colours of the churches was amazing. The group of people in the foreground let off a bunch of fireworks as we were getting close, (not at us - we just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time - first time I've ever seen AAA!)

My ride for most of the week.

Dauphin 365 N3

Bell430

EC120 owned by a local coffee company

Countryside was amazing

This waterfall was probably about 1000 feet high.

The same waterfall.

A hill being removed from the scenery for construction materials.

Note the church on the top of the hill. Not surprisingly it had not been completed as all the materials had to be carried up by mule or on foot. Also who would walk that far on Sunday?! The hill it is standing on was probably about 2,000 feet high from the valley floor.

Heading out from Veracruz. The wind was blowing at about 35 knots. A huge amount of sand was being blown inland from the beach and constrution site.

Flooded village.

Huge areas were underwater.

Last edited by vaqueroaero; 1st Oct 2008 at 20:50.