PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 1st Oct 2008, 10:38
ChrisLKKB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artie, you will find that some airlines will ask you about current affairs during an interview should you be lucky enough to get one. I would suggest keeping yourself informed of the current situation whether it be on forums like this or from a broadsheet news paper.

Yes it's dull and you'd rather ignore the current situation but it is shaping the future and eventually bad news will give way to something a little more positive and eventually the first few grains of hope of financial recovery will start to appear which will be the seeds of an upturn in the aviation sector.

Something i'd be concerned about right now if you are a pilot in the system hoping to fly for the airlines is Flybe taking on the MPL scheme, if this proves sucsessful then young new wannabees might want to consider how they can make themselves as eligable as possible for this scheme in terms of their education. I suspect other airlines have at the least considered this option and will be monitoring flybe closely. It could change the way most large airlines recruit altogether.

Spinnaker, try half white and half brown vinegar