PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 1st Oct 2008, 08:48
spinnaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artie Fufkin

Nothing wrong with a little banter, no one takes the current crisis more seriously than I do. I am certain that this is true of other posters. I said in a post a while back that its really hard to give a wannabie good solid advice right now, apart from wait. This thread is relevant, maybe there are not that many who want to be up to their knees in chicken poo every morning, but it might spark an idea off with someone to do something to help themselves through very difficult times. Look slightly below the surface of what I write and what I am doing. Skill swapping. That's how you get what you need without money. Yesterday I had £150k's worth of machinery stuck in a peat bog, to make matters worse, I don't even own the kit, or have the money to pay for damage or the two JCB's that I used to dig myself out of the mess. I used my brain to swap myself out of trouble. (Mrs. Spinnaker will be let out of the work house in three months time).

When the interviews start, jobs are going to be hotly contested. The guys that get the first jobs will not necessarily be the ace of the base, but they will be the ones that can think smart and be resourceful. So why wait for a group exercise to demonstrate that resourcefulness, when there is ample opportunity to do it for real, when it really counts.

ChrisLKKB

I hadn't thought of pickling the eggs, a big thank you. I reckon that one will work.