PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - eagle vs air national
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 21:59
pressed_on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to start?

"So yeah, air national is the mountain air of the turboprops. Pay for stuff, dont get paid much and have a bond.(take from that what you want"

ahhheeem...I'll take this then

1. Air National doesn't have a bond (as you say it is repaid) and some of the guys don't end up paying for the rating at all.
2. I can only assume you havn't worked for the McKenzies or you would realise that no operator can compare to the absolute train wreck that is M.A.(FMS)
3. Sure you don't get paid as much as Eagle, but at least you don't have to live in the sticks with jack all chance of a command in a populated city.(Auck, Welly) (ie if you are from AKL and I know not everyone is, then forget about being back in the smoke for at least a couple of years)
4. "Pay for stuff", How bout the 3/4 day interview where you have to take time off work, pay for a stay in HN without any guarantee of a job offer?

"staff travel, quick command, proper training and yes you do have a bond but the industry has slowed such that it shouldnt be an isssue. Has that green tail and that swirly thing on it to..."

1. Staff travel, agreed there is none at National. If you get lucky you might get a jumpseat ride in the G-IV down to wellys to pick up a J32.
2. "Quick Command", Is nine months not quick enough? If the industry is slowing as much as you say it is, it will be a much quicker road to PIC in a J32 than on the 1900.
3. "Has that green tail and that swirly thing on it to..." It's a Koru, and if you got into flying just to be in something that has a Koru on the tail, then maybe you could have become a hostie? Cheaper and not to mention quicker. I know of one hostie earning more than a national F/O and a NSN F/O combined.
4. "Bond" Yes you do have a bond...3 years still? At least at National if you feel a need to go and earn some actual money, say in the Middle East, then there is nothing pinning you to the ground.

"It just depends whether you want to work for monkeys or not."

1. From this comment I'll have to assume that you've worked here in the past? Maybe you've had a bad experience with them? From my experience and people I know who have worked there, on the most part the people are great. Maybe you could shed some light on just who you think are the monkeys?

"Please dont come to Eagle if you are a knob as there are enough of them here at the moment"

1. Agreed and you seem to be one of them. Another Pilot with either a chip on his/her shoulder or taking shots off the hip and not thinking before typing.

I have nothing against Eagle, but I've never applied and never want to and it only takes a search on the forums to find out why.

Lastly, i have a small suspicion that the original post is another wind up with links to the CTC thread.

Just to add also:

Eagle doesn't have progression onto Westwind, Gulfstream IVSP or G200 Galaxy jets.

Last edited by pressed_on; 30th Sep 2008 at 22:05. Reason: Addition