PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 30th Sep 2008, 19:26
PW4000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S Flyer

I understand that. Since I cant afford to go flight school to get it done one shot, guess I juz have to do it other ways. So S Flyer, u mean after getin PPL from a Malaysia flying club i.e ELITE, JOHORE or FRAS, long as it is registered under ICAO, it will have no problem convertin to CAAS?

So after PPL(approx. 50 -60 hrs), I need to clock 190 - 200 hrs to get a CPL? Do I need to go thru any school for that or I juz need to fly on my own? As u mentioned, fATPL is juz CPL + some theory test.

So assuming I got my PPL, flew some total 250 hrs, got my CPL, clear some test papers, get a fATPL.. Would any airline, be it major or regional, even look at my profile since I dun even have Multi-Eng & IR even if I manage to unfreeze it? Before I get further, is a CPL single engine or multi? Pardon me, for I am still not very fimiliar with all the terms. If its single engine, how can I get to Multi-Engine rating if I am not frome any flight school?

Paying to clock hrs all the way to unfreeze ATPL is ridiculous, but if I am that hungry enough, might juz do some crazy things. But I am sure somewhere in between I should be able to take up an Instructor course & get paid a decent salary while clockin hrs(need not be very high long as can maintain a basic standard of livin yet dun have to starve..) But wat is the chances of gettin an Instructor's job? I hear in Malaysia they only employ malaysian, Is that true?

Hear that some regional airline do take in fATPL pilots, but wat is the min requirement they lookin for? Some mention someting like turbopop or jet time? wat does it mean? Are those Cessena we flying turbopop or juz constant speed propella?

I have too much to ask & find out. I am so sorry if u guys are gettin paranoid but I really ain't got no idea how it actually goes abt. In this country, our government tryin to give its new name "Aviation Hub" yet it does not even provide path for pilot wanabes by settin up schools or revelant academy except STATA, SFC, SYFC... It really kills the dreams of every boy when they get rejected by SQ or Airforce or if they happen to come from average family that cant fund for their filght sch..

Well, I wont give up. If I can't cross this hundle now, there are many more to come. And If I eventually make it, at the end of the day, the reward will taste juz as sweet..juz as those commercial pilots, I believe every flight is never the same, always full of challenges.

Hope u guys out there could give me some advise or suggestion..
Thanks....