PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 30th Sep 2008, 13:56
PW4000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, I am new to this forum. Very glad that it actually exists & pretty much alive. Am a fellow Sgporean, age 29. I had sent in application for SQ cadet programme but till now no respond from them (6mth), probably due to my result(got D7 for English, did combine science instead of pure physic during O level).

Well, the dream dun ends here. In fact, its juz the begining... I juz realise to fly as a career, SQ cadet programme or the airforce is not the only way out. There are many flight school around to train people from zero hrs up to 200 hrs with CPL/IR or even fATPL. As I am unable to secure a loan to fund for the integrated course fulltime, I was wondering if anyone could advice on another way to get it done part time, as in get a PPL, CPL/IR, ME,fATPL... I was told it would be cheaper this way but will take a longer time to clock hrs. I intended to get a PPL from a Malaysia flyin club, but they do not progress to CPL after that. Getting a PPL is not an issue for me as I can still manage to do it progressively. But How do I get the CPL/IR & ME after obtaining my PPL? Do I need to join the flight school which requires me to stay in for the course full-time? If it does, the school train its student starts from basic(PPL) again. Then, won't it be stupid of me to spend $$ twice on PPL. Does anyone know of any school that offers CPL/IR courses after PPL? It seems like most of the schools' CPL courses consist of a PPL. Is there any recognise flight school that provides its course progressively like those in drivin school, e.i class 3, class 4 & then class 5?
I know this is not easy as money is the major obstacle. As I cant do it full time, then I shall do it the modular way. I may be wrong on some of the info I've got but can anyone kind enough to share or advise on how actually does the modular ways work?

With all the due respect...
Thanks...