PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan -7
Thread: FlyGlobespan -7
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2008, 19:59
Pontious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hamiltonyhm

I find your last 2 postings quite contradictory. In your second post, you say that the 'ask backs' were desperate to come back because they couldn't find anything else-If I were them I'd take issue with that as you infer they were incapable of gaining employment elsewhere therefore tantermount to unemployable.

The 11 (now 9) MAN based Cabin Crew kept on & sent to Santa Barbara had an absolute ball down there, have (to quote 3 of them who I flew with 2 weeks ago) had a bloody good season this summer & most (all bar 1) are looking forward to going to French Polynesia for a month, some two & some are looking forward to a return to the MoD's Falklands route for the winter & Canada next summer.

The ex-Astraeus crews I've come across have simply been grateful to have a job... which leads me back to your first post. In your first post you think aviation would be a better place without GSM. Really? How many people would that dump on the dole? They would lose out, as would the consumer because it would significantly reduce the competition on a route mainly used by people travelling to see relatives by a more accessible Lo cost option.

How you can wish the demise of an employer costing hundreds of Scottish jobs in one breath, then proliferate their welfare & concerns in the next simply beggars belief.