PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2008, 18:10
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kremin, I ask you again, as I did on the other thread, what is your big interest in all of this anyhow?
Are you perchance frightened that the bogey-man from down the road gets his own way next time, or are you all prepared to shell out again to stop him.
Anyhow, as you earn 2 , sorry now it's 3 times what a Ryanair Capt earns for sure you can afford it, strange how you awarded yourself a 50% pay rise within a few posts. I would say b@llocks, but then you must know how much you earn, and seem to be very confident in your knowledge of how much we don't, but somehow Hmnn I doubt it.

It is great to come on here and start threads titled "union to kick down door at RYR", but really don't you think you are a little premature here?
The legislation hasn't yet been enacted, it hasn't passed it's period for consultation with other parties ( I assume that exists ) you stated that UNITE (whoever they are I am not a union fetishist) have already found it to be less than watertight, it hasn't been tested and won in a court of law, early days to wave the victory flag.
If you look at the recent history of union involvement in RYR, you can maybe see why we could be sceptical about your new all singing/ all dancing solution to our problems.
Traditionally RYR have rode roughshod over any attempt to introduce union representation resulting in the dismissal of the person identified as being the prime mover ( Martin Duffy if my memory is correct) and various forms of skullduggery to make a ballot difficult in any one base. So, pilots being smart ? ? realised that just maybe unions weren't too welcome.
In spite of this many of my colleagues at the DUB base dug their heels in until last year, resisted signing contracts, paid up-front for conversion training, missed command slots etc, all because they were told the labour court would be the solution to everything.
Well, you know the next part I hope. Your wonderful Supreme Court , in my opinion with pressure from your government, decided that No, the labour court decision wasn't binding, and all the hopes were for nought. But you want us to believe of course that the self same government has suddenly got so concerned about the workers ( and not the cash flow from succesful companies ) that they are going to do an about turn & kick RYR's ass.
The second event last year, was that BALPA, contrary to the exortations of IALPA, decided not to go for a union recognition ballot in STN. The numbers were good, very good, but the (since replaced) head honcho in BALPA decided he wanted a dedicated RYR official ( however they were only offering a short term contract to him, so what sort of numpty would that have been ? ) be appointed before making that move. The golden opportunity was lost, and with the dissapointment following on from the labour court fiasco who knows when or if numbers will ever be good enough for it to rematerialise.
The guys who lived through that period in DUB have my utmost respect. They came to work and continued to do a professional job, surrounded by God knows what ambience during the time they spent in the office.Constantly watching their backs, losing money and opportunities, when it would have been so easy to cave in and go with the flow. If so many of them now are not spoiling for a fight , it is more a measure of the dissapointment they felt in the judiciary ( more than IALPA) not upholding what seemed entirely relevant legislation, rather than a lack of balls on their part. Your attitude towards RYR pilots demonstrates a lack of true understanding of the situation this last few years.
For this and many other reasons I think you are ill placed to come on here trumpeting your new legislation and how it will change everything. Save the fanfares for if & when a court case has been won ,appealed ,and still emerges victorious.
BTW, if you are really earning 3 times what we do, no wonder your company is in the sh1t, and how come you have nothing better to do with your time than come on here to discuss a company you don't even work for . . . (YET) Guess money ain't everything.
I guess we should be flattered that you care about your "poor cousins", but can't you do it in a less abrasive more constructive fashion, we might even start to take you seriously.

Last edited by captplaystation; 29th Sep 2008 at 21:25.