PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2008, 16:08
shgsaint

I just thought I would share my good news..... I'm now an official holder of a JAA / CAA Class 1 Medical Certificate. Without any restrictions!!!

I always thought that I may have a slight colour vision deficiency so I booked my eye tests first so I could clarify if it was ever going to be a problem. I passed the Ishihara plates with I think probably 1 error or confusion. I didn't need to take any further tests and went on to score pretty well with the remainder eye tests To the point where the opthamologist said that I had the best vision out of every one that had turned up that day.

With me passing the area I thought I would struggle on, I continued on with the medical and seemed to be perfectly normal with the remainder tests. Hearing, cardiology etc.

This is obviously very satisfying news for me and confirms that my previous suspicions were probably exaggerated and in fact my colour vision was pretty normal and most importantly good enough to pass the class 1.

I would like to wish everybody else good luck with their endeavours in this area and would encourage anyone who thinks they suffer with CVD to research it as much as possible. I thought it would always get in the way of my dreams.... only to be told that my vision was perfectly normal... if not better than average.

Good luck guys.