PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair: New Cadets Vs Experieneced De Fo
Old 29th Sep 2008, 08:34
wbryce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAE/SAS pay RYR a fee per cadet to cover the CRM and base training. "RYR pay 20k" for base training, well thats just a fantasy, if you do a SSTR then the base training module only costs 4k with a partner airline so I don't know whats special in your opinion for RYR to depart with more than 4 times the market value. CCTs and Safety/CRM are part of the TR and you pay 22k for the TR (which is done under Ryanairs type rating training organization license and overseen by the IAA), without these modules signed off, I'd like to see you try and convince the IAA you've completed the course.

Anyone who requires more circuits does so at RYRs expense but generally this is not a common occurance. The only regular costs which RYR absorb are the 21 day simulator CCT refresher sessions.

Jesper, I agree, no one knows whats in the written agreement between RYR and the 2 schools (don't let that stop a good debate though! ). If you work for RYR then you will know they are not an airline who will just happily absorb costs, they run the tightest ship, hence the whole self funded cadet route.

Last edited by wbryce; 29th Sep 2008 at 09:16.