PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Restricted Airspace
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2008, 14:01
sisemen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FFS! Let me say this r e a l l y s l o w l y so that the hard of understanding might get aboard.

I have flown in this area regularly for quite a number of years. I am ex RAF and appreciate the importance of military restricted airspace. I am fully aware of NOTAMs which tell me which bits of restricted airspace are active and for what reasons. I live on the ground under the said piece of restricted airspace and am well aware of RAAF PC9s and Hawks, Singaporean S221s, as well as occasional RAF, USAF and USN visitors buzzing around the skies at a fast rate of knots. In short - I am a "professional" pilot that is very, very keen on seeing quite a few more birthdays.

All I wanted was 10 to 15 minutes in a piece of restricted airspace which is generally used only for transitting from the great wide spaces of Western Australia back to RAAF Pearce. The RAAF are generally pretty good about letting those of us with a genuine reason to have access. It should not have been beyond the wit of man (in particular this feckwit of a flt lt area supervisor) to chalk my details on the ops board and vector anyone who might, just might, have been due in the area at about that time to bugger off 2 miles to the north or at least tell them to see and avoid. I had a job to do. I couldn't do it.

Normally there is no problem whatsoever and on every previous occasion (presumably when I have spoken to the SAC on duty who actually does the job) permission has been granted, I've called up approach before entering the area and have, when necessary been given a squawk code just to be on the safe side.

However, this particular feckwit must either have been afraid of his own shadow and unable to make a decision or he had a down on civilian flyers. Either way, it's a crock.

Now, apart from the said feckwit coming on here and giving an explanation for his decision, does anyone else have any trite comments like oldpinger?