PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurora Project
Thread: Aurora Project
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2008, 18:53
SLF-Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The truth is out there.

In the early 90’s, I was in Dunbar (Scotland) looking out to the North Sea while on holiday in August. In the bright sunlight I saw a aircraft that looked like the space shuttle flying at low level at some distance.

It had 5 engines mounted in the tail, 1 at the top, 2 in the middle and 3 at the bottom.

I asked my son’s who were with me, if they had also seen it. Alas they all missed it.

During the winter that year, one of the national papers on a Saturday (Daily Mail or Express) had a report of a strange aircraft being sighted by a oil rig worker, who was also a part time member of the Royal Observer Corps. The line drawing that was with the report was 100% what I had seen. I believe that the same drawing was published in Flight International.

I have tried to find a copy of the newspaper , with no luck so far.

If anyone has a scrapbook of newspaper cuttings about aircraft from the early 1990’s. Please have a look to see if a you have a copy of the drawing.

Do not publish it on the web, as it may still have copyright on it. Just put a note here, that it has been found.

As they say on the X files. The truth is out there.