PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2008, 12:28
CaptKremin

Been there done that, I have been at REPA meetings at a fairly large base where only a handful turned up,and some of those could have been management stoogies sussing it out for all I know.
Given the terrorism in Ryanair I'm not surprised if meetings are badly attended. The solution is to root out terrorism - not to give up and surrender.

I have never been apathetic to our dilemna, but I sure as hell have not been of a mind to throw myself on the sacrificial sword for a bunch of guys who give every indication of not giving a sh@t.
Negative mindset and negative language is not helpful and won't contribute to the solution.

If you want to step up to the mantle feel free, but don't question the motivation or agenda of those of us who may have tried for a bit longer than you ,but sadly had their eyes opened by how far it got us ( or not).
You don't know me, yet you cast aspertions on my comittment. I can assure you that I'vce been involved in the union movement a lot longer than you've been a member of Ryanair.

I am all for rallying the troops, but building up false hopes,only to see it crash and burn is a big demotivator for the future, as was shown by the labour court/victimisation claim saga.
More despair and defeatism.
What is really your motivation? Why do you feel the need to run your two man crusade against a union if your fellow pilots choose to have one?

If your colleagues don't give a sh@t, about you, as you say, why do you give a sh@t about them, whether they choose to join a union or not?
You seek to portray yourself as altruistic toward them, yet you use abusive language to describe them. Are you simply experiencing personal feelings of rejection? Or do you simply prefer the Status Quo? Would you prefer if the boat doesn't get rocked?

Look at what others who were more intimately& financially involved in that saga have posted, many of them have given up / become line trainers / simply left. . why ? because they didn't have the big gonads that you seem to feel you posess? NO, they just got fed up of beating their head against a brick wall and moved on to a less punishing agenda. But keep on as you are, and come back to us in 5 years & let us know if you achieved what you wished. I don't expect to have any real progress/news any sooner, but I would be delighted to be proved wrong.
The best way for you to assist progress (if thats what you really want) would be to crawl off somewhere and die. Take Rubik with you.