PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 26th Sep 2008, 15:47
spinnaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Re-Heat
If you don't want to participate in this thread, don't read it.
Whilst Dr. Doom believes that we are in the same boat, I beg to differ. If he were to spend a bit of time reading on how we got into this mess, he will clearly see that we are most definitely not in the same boat, but in different boats. The European Central Bank isn't preparing to a bail out in the same way or on the same scale as in the states. Why? Because the banking system is different. So for my money, its well worth reading and discussing these issues and understanding as much as possible. Then, and only then, will the informed have a chance to influence the future, hopefully for the better. Also, not just for the wannabies, but for anyone seeking work, a very good personnel question to ask the applicant would be: "What are your views on the Federal Banks plans to inject $700 billion into the economy, given that the US tax payer might have to bear the burden." Ok so what has that to do with flying an aeroplane? Well, I want to know how aware you are of the world you live and work in. If you have a good answer, I might even consider you for early promotion. After all you are applying for a job managing the operation of a multi million dollar/pound piece of capital equipment, and I want walking talking savvy pilots.

Yes it is a depressing subject, but armed with knowledge you can change your future, (for the better).

On the other hand, ignore this thread and the news papers and let lady luck take care of it all.