PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unions to kick down door at FR
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2008, 15:07
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's it, REPA!!! you tell 'em!

The way forward, folks, is band together, stand fast, stick out for better wages and conditions and MAKE MOL put up his fares to pay for it all......What? the greedy pax won't pay? MOL is ROLLING in cash! he can AFFORD to keep his airline going through the recession, so he can AFFORD to pay you more NOW.

Whadda you mean, he only makes a fair return on capital? only flies shiny new tin tubes........make the bugger fly older cheaper stuff like other Lo Co operators.

Aorry, It's an open market....If the RYR package was so 5h1tty, he'd have severe staff problems.....I didn't see that when I flew with them!

Smart plane smart staff, did a professional job at a price I could afford. OK so the checkin to boarding experience wasn't "red-carpet" but I got what I paid for.

MOL provides a service which the market demonstrably wants.

enough trained personnel are happy to accept his employment terms.
People have jobs, MOL makes money.

Green-eyed jealousy or resentment will not alter the picture.....poking the government oar in, will mess with the bottom-line...if costs rise, there will be no competitive advantage.

Open your eyes! there's plenty of defunct airlines who treated their staff much more generously......bet all those who are currently twiddling their thumbs, are wondering if they shouldn't have foregone "jam today" for "bread tomorrow." MOL has a well -stocked cupboard, he'll keep a good few mouths fed during the bleak time ahead.

I've no dog in this fight, but maybe some of you are lost among the trees and can't see the forest.