PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 25th Sep 2008, 19:38
Yantz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

If i ain't wrong SYFC is under RSAF. I have asked them at the recent airshow before and they told me only people who have not enlisted into NS from various specified tertiary institutions in their 1st year of enrolment are eligable.

I have actually went down to STATA before to talk to the staff. The cost for the fATPL course I last heard was USD$80K however if you are strapped for cash, there is an option. STATA has just started up so if I ain't wrong they are in need of instructors.The staff told me that they do take in ab-initio instructors (after undergoing selections etc.) and bond them for 3 years. They would be based in australia where STATA's academy is located. SFC also trains ab-initio instructors however the bond is longer but you can work locally. I am currently gunning for that.

Kinda weird STATA is a Singapore-based company that offers CASA licences. Their main market ain't Singaporeans am I right? Having heard of any Singaporeans enrolling into this academy yet. Anybody have?