PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2008, 18:02
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recruitment for the new third handling agent has been ongoing for some time now, and from what I am led to believe most staff have now been recruited in readiness for an october start, handling just Eastern Airways at present - but rumours are abound that management are eyeing up other potential contracts and currently are getting ready to bid. Equipment has been rumoured to have been acquired suitable for 737/757 sized aircraft, so who knows??

In respect of things being very quiet in NCL, I must agree. It is clearly evident that expansion has halted and even though they opnly operated a small number of flights, things on the charter side seem very quiet without XL.

The southside development will be interesting to watch, with a visitors area and the new Aviation Academy (recently opened). I must say it is nice to see such an educational establishment open to cater for the needs of the industry, providing suitably qualified and trained staff. I know LBA has something similar, maybe a bit larger but its possibly the start for the NCL management to have ties with training providers.

Would be nice to see the odd new route or airline though............