PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 24th Sep 2008, 13:32
singapore_flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm holding this 'wierd restricted PPL' from SYFC. Essentially we do everything a 'not so wierd non restricted PPL' does except we dont fly the cross country trip, going from tuas to changi is not cross country. Flying up north involves another FIR meaning paperwork, plus the additional costs of landing there will blow SYFC's budget. Though I didn't fly cross country, I did do the nav paper.

Hermie, SYFC does hire instructors who are not ex-rsaf.
wannabe15, flight licenses don't expire, maybe you mean your certificate of experience which, for PPL, requires 5hrs/yr, expired. You only need to take a skills test similiar to FHT to un-expire it.

macarto, I think its pointless to get an aviation degree from Massey or anywhere else for that matter. Being so excited about this professional career, I trust that you did/will do well for your A levels/diploma. Why not get a local degree in 3yrs on a partial or full scholarship then spend the next 1yr+ overseas for the flying. Its much cheaper plus you get a degree in another field as your contingency. You can also try for SYFC while doing uni here. An aviation degree w/fATPL would cost you 4yrs overseas.

A380, isn't the FAA license an ICAO license as US is an ICAO member? Likewise JAA licenses.

Trying to learn flying during NS is not advisable as you'll soon find out how easy it is to be made to stay in on weekends.