PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 year allowed to fly, Turkish pilot fired
Old 24th Sep 2008, 08:05
Ancient Mariner

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
1990, FBU to EWR on SK B767. Wifey, 9 year old daughter and I. Me suffering from FoF at the time in aisle seat, daughter other side of aisle. Had explained to her all I knew about flying as a pax (not much, but hey..), but had forgot one major issue. Noise!
She totally freaked out when we accelerated down the runway and I'm afraid I was not much help. This was noticed by one of the CC seated behind us and she came and asked us if all was OK. She then told to my daughter that she would check with the Captain if she could visit the flight deck later. She could, and she spent the better part of one hour there. We then flew around Canada and USA for four weeks and the only complaint we had from our daughter was lack of turbulence. She totally enjoyed it, she still does and she has been all over the world now. Her two daughters (5 and 6) also love flying and they both love the story of their mother visiting the cockpit of a big jet (and of how scared their grand dad was).
If any of the crew on that flight remember this episode from the summer of 1990, thank you so much!
Too bad my grand children will not be able to have that same experience.
Per

Edited because it is bad form to spell from......form. Now corrected.