PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 year allowed to fly, Turkish pilot fired
Old 24th Sep 2008, 00:07
Jumbo744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There really is no respect to the airline crew anymore. Finished the times when passengers used to applause on landing or say thank you to the crew after a nice flight. That makes me sad really. I thought when I was a kid than being an airline pilot meant something to the general public, a well respected position, admired by all. Nowadays when standing outside the flight deck to greet the passengers, I realize that not many are looking at us or even saying hello. They probably see us as 'bus drivers' and unskilled 'button pushers'. (the auto pilot does it all anyway)
Absolutely "Enjoy the View" . I wish we could back to that time where people were actually AMAZED that a human could safely fly a airplane from A to B. Today, as you said, when you look at the passengers it's like they don't care, it's normal to them, as if they were taking the bus. I think it's a disrespect not only to the actual crew flying the plane, but also to all the great aviators who sacrificed their life so that we can safely fly today. I think as pilots we should carry on that image we had of airline pilots that motivated us to become one.