PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 162 Skycatcher Crashes
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2008, 13:17
skycatcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
404 Titan

I don't recall suggesting that you were ham fisted, I was merely making the general observation and I'm sure there would be a few instructors who would agree, that an overenthusiastic recovery can put you right back from whence you were.

I suspect the aircraft you were flying probably had a colorful career and may not have passed a rigging check. I am very respectful, seriously nervous actually, in fact I avoid it where at all possible flying "club" aircraft. I have seen the results of unreported "frights" where a previous pilot has found him/herself and the aircraft beyond their own personal and aircraft envelopes. I have even watched heart in mouth a trainer with solo pilot execute a manoeuvre (out of control actually) that should have been fatal and must certainly have stressed the aircraft (it did) but for dumb luck got away with it. Back to base, park the aircraft pay the bill and scarper he does. Operator could not prove a thing and almost got sued for suggesting the culprit was the culprit.

Its a tribute to the robust design and construction of these fully certified aircraft that they keep all but the most foolish out of strife.