PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unions to kick down door at FR
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2008, 16:03
CaptKremin

Setting up a time-bound process in which the issue of employee representation and the appropriate legislative framework will be addressed;
The Irish Times version includes the timeframe - March 2009.
D-Day!

The introduction of a statutory prohibition on the victimisation of employees based on their membership or non-membership or activity on behalf of a trade union, and on incentivising non-membership of trade unions;
Sounds excellent. Whats your problem?

Cpt Kremin
O'Leary will be cold in hell before any union darkens his doorway in Dublin.
He has ignored the EU laws for the past ten years so what makes you think that the Irish Gov't will have any more effect on him?

Arranging a vote at any base will be nigh on impossible.
Any base that votes for a union will be closed.

Next base please........Oh, you don't want to vote.....OK

End of story.
Oh, I know he'll wriggle. But closing the Dublin base is not an option. He likes to spin the myth that he's an 'Irish Airline'. I think the Irish public would feel terribly abandoned and let down.

Besides which - if FR bucks off, there's always ALT. They'll gladly fill his boots! I'm sure the FR guys would be happy to work for a unionised airline with decent salaries and conditions, and a bit of respect.

He'd be more likely to try some delaying tactics in the Courts, but the new legislation also has a built in review incorporated in it. If it is wallowing - the NWA falls.

The government hate Ducksy anyhow - I don't see them sticking their necks out to save his. Not with the whole country sliding down the pan as a result.