PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada 3000 is Gone
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2001, 19:53
darkstar_45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Im not suprised Canada 3000 went bust. I flew out LGW- YYZ on the 07th Nov and the flight was terrible. Grim Faced cabin crew, zero legroom, a ridiculous 3-3-3 config on an A310 where I had the unfortunate aisle seat forcing carts and people to bump into me as they walked past.
If all flights are like that, No wonder they went under.
To make matters worse we were due to fly back on 11th Nov so we were starnded in YYZ. Went to the C3 info desk on 09th Nov when we heard about news to enquire about plans for pax that were stranded and got the answer 'there are no plans! make your own way back'!!! What sort of bloody service is that? - ok so they did stop operations that day and I dont know what the S.O.P for this sort of thing is but I would have at least thought they would have had a contingency plan for the stranded pax. This sort of 'oh well, we've ceased operations, sod the passengers' is appauling.
Then went to BA to explain predicament, they wanted to charge me full whack for 1 way £500!! same applied to KLM.
Very nicely, Air Canada let us have a ticket for 50% reduction of the normal price which in the end cost me £220 and was an excellent service- top marks to Air Canada!