PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced unpaid leave at ryanair
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2008, 08:24
Tripitaka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In some posters opinion Ryanair are doing something completely unacceptable, so what are they prepared to do about it? Will they strike on behalf of the RYN pilots?

There's an attitude out there of "well they joined the place, they deserve whatever they get". So RYN pilots are on their own, F/O's knowing there's a queue of people willing to take their place if they step out of line. I'm not just talking about new guys straight out of flight school, I personally know 2 ex-XL guys who are trying their best to get into RYN even though in the past they held the same views as the posters I mentioned. We've been told that RYN have received masses of applications since XL, Zoom, and Futura went under and I fully believe it. If YOU were sacked with a mortgage to pay and a family to support, would you take RYN's euro if it was the only one on offer?

I used to work for a small, well thought of lowcost and still keep in touch with some of the folks there. I've heard some of the schemes management have and will be introducing, and if RYN did it there'd be outrage. The RYN required fuel policy...happened there first and with less leeway. I won't divulge the other policies as they're not public knowledge and do not affect safety, however because it's friendly little "x" airline then it's things that have to be endured if they're to survive :o0

So, hundreds of people behind them waiting to snap up their job, and the knowledge that the rest of the pilot community (rightly or wrongly) won't support them, what do you suggest the RYN pilots do? I'm expecting a lot of "they made their own beds/dug their own graves" and that's the point. I think it instils the old Millwall attitude...everyone hates us and we don't care.

Good on ya Grim, keep fighting the good fight but understand that the new guys there have a lot fewer (zero) job opportunities than yourself outside RYN.

Oh, and if there's a moderator reading do you really think that "In a word, filth. You make me sick." is acceptable, or only when people are responding to RYN posters?