PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2008, 23:07
inverted123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Sacky, dont worry to much I cannot read all the Ishihara plates I was sent to the college of optometry in Carlton Melbourne about 10 yrs now and done a color evaluation, you will do the Ishihara again to confirm your weakness,you will also do a few color arrangement tests and the Farnsworth lantern. The doctor told me i had a very mild green weakness, I did pass the farnsworth lantern and was given NO restrictions on my class 1 medical up to and including ATPL, now having flown commercial for some ten years now with no problems.
The farnsworth lantern is about 2 mtrs from you,you will be shown the colors you will see prior to the test, you will have one run of different colors and if you make no mistakes you pass, but if you do make up to 2 errors and no more you will be given 2 more runs and are not allowed to make anymore than 1 error in each run to pass.The test is not easy but remember your first thoughts of what colors you see will more than likely be the right ones, i found them very helpful and do not set out to fail you, i do have friends who have not passed the farnsworth and have restrictions on the medical, they hold commercial and NVFR and instructor ratings so dont worry to much if you want to have a career in aviation you most probably will acheive this, good luck let me know how you go