PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female pilots in the Middle East
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2008, 00:20
violet08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again, thank you for all the useful, intelligent posts to my question about women in the ME. I have an "interview" scheduled with Qatar at their US roadshow this week and I was invited for an interview with Etihad.

As far as "selling the home", yes the house is now up for sale, but nothing is selling, foreclosure rates are ridiculous and if we do end up in the ME, will probably just rent the home until the economy and market improves.

Through the course of this post (and others), I have been able to come up with a good list of important questions that I must have answered by reliable sources.

I realize that there are many who believe that a woman should not consider working for a ME airline as a pilot; but if I'm offered the chance, I've got to try it. I no longer have a job and I don't want to quit flying.

If I do end up in the ME and hate it, well, I've been warned and I will not be whining here on this board. If I end up on a track to reach my goals and am relatively happy....well, I'll let everyone know.

Thanks again to everyone!
Violet