PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Filing IFR for flight outside of controlled airspace?
Old 18th Sep 2008, 19:04
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 439 Likes on 232 Posts
I know its your opinion; the reason I persisted with my point is that you are an instructor and therefore are in a position to influence others. Your opinion really needs balancing by another, because your opinion isn't what the ANO mandates.

In UK, any pilot is perfectly within his/her rights to fly under IFR in good VMC outside CAS. If a pilot wishes to request a RIS or RAS under VMC, he/she is also perfectly within his/her rights to do so, without fear of any penalty whatsoever. The worst thing that can happpen is that the ATC unit cannot provide the requested service.

The ops manual of a well known aviation operator I previously flew with requires their pilots to obtain a radar service outside CAS, wherever possible, irrespective of flight rules or met conditions.

It's surely not:

reprehensible
adjective blameworthy, bad, disgraceful, shameful, delinquent, errant, unworthy, objectionable, culpable, ignoble, discreditable, remiss, erring, opprobrious, condemnable, censurable << OPPOSITE praiseworthy
Collins Essential Thesaurus 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2005, 2006
Fly safe