PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 18th Sep 2008, 14:15
JB007

PPRuNe Secret Agent!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MIKECR, Clanger23

You echo my sentiments on this thread 100%.

Personally, this has just become a "told you so" sort of thing, I couldn't give a toss who Lehman Brothers were, but for those who can, there's a really good thread in Jetblast.

For the rest like Mike and Clanger who sound bright enough to have figured it all out for themselves..."we're in a downturn?! No, really...??" and really want to know "what does it mean for me". These are now the sort of thoughts that should be kicking around here. I've been where you are in 2001, i've been made redundant twice due to airline's collapsing in 1995 and 1999.

If you're in the middle of exams, well, you've just been gifted the prize of time...go back to work if you haven't already, you have all the time in the world to walk in that exam room and know each subject backwards.

If you now have a fATPL and <200 hours, a FI rating will set you back about £6000. It will depend on what the 6k is to you. But in short, you're now gonna need some income for a while. Totally agree with other's thoughts about making "yourself special" - learn the Jet Engine, start reading about Mach Trim, know what Coffin Corner is, every aspect of High Speed Flight, differences of a straight wing/swept wing, the turbo-prop/jet engine efficiency graph - interview stuff basically, by 2012 this should be a walk in the park.

And if one more person tells us to "be afraid"...Jesus wept...

Right, off to the pub for the best pint of Pride on the South Downs..