PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Filing IFR for flight outside of controlled airspace?
Old 18th Sep 2008, 10:57
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am aware from previous postings that you are an experienced pilot with a lot of hours but am equally sure you didnt quite mean what you posted and that has to be clarified for some who may not be as knowledgable or experienced. Many of my own postings have been misread or misunderstood so dont take offence.
PACE, I think we are coming at this at a different track to the same point. I don't disagree with people asking for a service for a specific reason when the conditions dictate it. What I disagree with is flying under IFR just to get a better service than others when it seems to me it is not needed and as a results erodes the service for others who have chosen (in my opinion) to show better airmanship.

As I said before, when a controller is busy providing IFR separation for a zone crossing when clearly from the comments made the conditions would dictate VFR it takes away from others and we end up with the all to often 'stay clear from CAS' or unable to accept due to controller workload.