PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA operators in the UK?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2008, 09:51
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>I would never dream of coming on here and telling somebody that the licence they worked hard to earn is inferior, what breath taking arrogance. If any of you can prove that the FAA system is unsafe for operating worldwide then let's either see the evidence or finally put this one to bed.<

YoungSkyWalker

There was a study which I read and the conclusion was that there was NO evidence to show that JAA ATPS had a better safety record than FAA ATPS.
They acknowledged a difference in training but came to the conclusion that although there was a difference in training they both lead to the same standard at the end albeit by different routes.

But then look at whats required to convert an FAA to a JAA The FAA ATP is treated as if he/she knows nothing and has to almost start from ground zero.
You are either safe to be there or your not! the numbers painted on the side of the aircraft are irrelevant! So it can only be about jobs for the boys and pure arrogance.

Van pilot
>It is also very hard for small AOC ops to compete against the FAA rules which tend to be less limiting. I feel if its based in europe for more than 30days it needs to have a JAA crew on board.<

Why 30 days ?are they safe up to 30 days then a danger after? Ban all FAA or non JAA aircraft from European skies if you can show statistics which say your safer with your JAA ATP than the FAA guy. Less limiting to me means less expensive and we have far to many expensive Beaurocrats and rule makers in Europe who need to be paid for. Their big brother state approach and the results of their Beaurocrats and regulators have to be paid for too by an industry bent at the knees.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 18th Sep 2008 at 10:14.