PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA or AFAP FOR JETSTAR
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2008, 02:17
VH-JJW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF - I never said Keg was not genuine, quite the contrary. I merely said I believe he is in the minority.

So JQ pilots MUST join AIPA or ELSE eh! Yes I see the stick, just not the carrot. Perhaps you are part of the majority I am referring to, just masquerading as otherwise.

Keg - Most crew is a strong statement, can you back that up? I hear otherwise, however I will stop short of claiming it as anymore than anecdoetal.

Your point 1 - Sorry, a cop out. They voted YES so the crew could vote no...... What happened to leadership from the Com? Aren't these the people who are 'on the inside'? Are they not your 'representatives'? You say some voted YES so they could find out what the pilots thought, doesn't it appear that was obvious BEFORE the vote, the pilots were never asked... Anyway, your EBA is not my business, however, if you want to inflict your Committe on me, that is. BTW I do hope that BJ becomes Pres as I agree he would be a vast improvement. But lets deal with the known for now.

Your point 2 - Agreed. There would be no other way to do it. However, are you saying that outside of contractual issues, AIPA has never made any calls on behalf of the entire membership? Court cases, representations in Canberra, media conferences etc. any of these ring a bell?

At the end of the day the facts are:
  • AIPA, as a democratic organisation will represent the majority of its membership.
  • The majority of AIPA members are Qantas Mainline pilots.
  • The majority of the AIPA com are Qantas Mainline pilots
  • ALL AIPA presidents of recent times have been 747 - 400 Captains
So what happens when there is a conflict of interest?