PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA or AFAP FOR JETSTAR
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2008, 01:41
WhoFlungDung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJW and others.

Firstly, I have known Keg for a long time and you won't find a more genuine guy.

Back on thread. What could happen over the next few years? It is an interesting question. One thing I do know is that Qantas will still be here and I can only hope that the JQ guys and girls pray every night for that to be so. Why? Because what is JQ? It is nothing other than another startup airline, nothing different to Compass Mk l/ll/lll, etc EXCEPT that it is associated with Qantas - "A Qantas Group Airline". To put it another way. Is there a single JQ employee that really believes that JQ would be here today without the support of Qantas? As I have said before, strangle the mother and the breast milk will dry up very quickly.

Closer to topic. Where do you think the Qantas group is going? Hands up if you think that Qantas will become a subsidiary of Jetstar? GD might have wanted you to think that but LC seems a little more circumspect. According to GD, globalisation is just around the corner. Who do you think AA/BA/SQ etc are going to talk to when they start putting deals together? Who do you think ALPA, SPA, BALPA are going to negotiate with when/if Qantas merges into a mega carrier? AFAP or AIPA? Interesting question. I wouldn't like to be trying to get on board after the horse has bolted. Would you?

AIPA has had a tough few years. GD and assoc made it a mission to undermine AIPA however, the organisation has survived. The chairs are being reshuffled in QF and I suspect there will be a reshuffle at AIPA as well. AIPA is not perfect but it is the main player at Qantas. You guys and girls can join the team or risk becoming entirely irrelevant. I don't think you have to be a brain surgeon to work this one out.