PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA or AFAP FOR JETSTAR
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2008, 00:00
VH-JJW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. I believe Keg is genuine in his position regarding JQ pilots and AIPA. Unfortunately, I also believe he is part of a minority of AIPA members.

2. AFAP is not perfect, far from it. But they have stable leadership and appear to adopt a realistic approach to dealing with pilots and management. AIPA seem intent on political infighting and legal stouches with QF. AJ will not treat them any differently to GD with their current leadership.

3 It would appear from the latest longhaul EBA fiasco that 2/3 of the AIPA committee (voted in favour of failed EBA) are out of touch with 76% (against) of Long haul pilots, how on earth then can JQ pilots expect a QF longhaul dominated com to be in touch with issues relating to a predominantly short haul Low cost airline?

AIPA have some wonderful attributes, and if I were a QF pilot I would wholeheartedly agree that they serve their members well (a good thing as their members have no other choice!).

However, I am not convinced that that the same levels of service can or would extend to JQ pilots. There is a conflict of interest here which AIPA simply cannot get around.

Better the devil I know.