PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA operators in the UK?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2008, 23:16
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never read such a load of protectionism and arogance in a thread like this.

If you hold those views then forget 90 days! Ban any N reg aircraft with any FAA licenced crew from invading our airspace for one day or one hour as they are all a load of untrained idiots endangering our skies?

Statistically an FAA ATP is as safe as a JAA ATP and the rest is a load of mungo jumbo.

If anything is wrong its the system and its self protectionism and I am holier than thou attitude.

Aviation knows no boundaries an FAA pilot should be as good as a JAA pilot if anyone can point out a statistic showing otherwise then its easy then ban all FAA airliners from European Airspace if not then we should all be accepted and forget this self protectionism and arrogance because thats all its about.

The same goes for aircraft certification and licencing, medical requirements the lot. Its all about huge costs for the boys and jobs for the boys not backed up by any statistics showing safety issues between the two.

And there will be some regulator paid for a job he needs to justify running around trying to ban this or that to fill his unproductive week with something to do other than creating work for himself and loading an industry with extra costs it can ill afford to take.

The only thing that could be morally justified between the two is a requirement for FAA pilots to take Air Law exams to comply with diffrerences in Europe but then even that should be universely compatable.
Pace

Last edited by Pace; 17th Sep 2008 at 23:38.