PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS shares trading suspended?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2008, 22:10
Hussar 54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And three different types of short-haul aircraft - 737, MD80 and A321....

Not exactly cost-efficient for crewing, engineering, spares, outstation support, etc....So no surprise that times are tough at SK.....

But a question - are each of the three fleets allocated to a single base and does each country have a seperate Management Team.... which would make it easier for LH to asset strip the ' whole ' by flogging off the Norwegian bit ?

And talking of which - how do LH ( and for that matter AF / KLM ) manage to avoid the EU Regulatory and Competition laws and their consumer market monopoly position time and time again ?

Don't LH already have a monopoly on Germany > Switzerland traffic ? And AF / KLM on France > Netherlands traffic ? If LH do take control of SK, add also monopoly on Sweden / Denmark / Norway > Germany / Switzerland

More worryingly, LH already have a virtual stanglehold on Central Western Europe through both ownership and code-share...And if they do take control or ownership of all or any of SK, OS, AZ, and BM, as we keep reading and hearing, to go with the already done deal for SN, who will be left ?

I mention this because every time poor BA announce an intended merger / alliance / whatever they're calling it this time, they seem to be faced with a barrage of ' can't do this / can't do that / got to give up this / got to give up that ' from Brussels....And, of course, the guy with the beard and doubtful taste in pullovers if anything might affect his own cherry-picked market...

I'm not a BA lover ( not even British !) but it seems to me that BA have either incompetent Managers and Lobbyists dealing with the Brussels mafia, or are simply not paying enough ' kaboosh ' into the right hands up there....

Serious answers only, please.....