PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 17th Sep 2008, 12:35
Sonic69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If thats the case wont it be wise to only attend flight school only if i i am rejected by SIA with no initial experience? Since getting a CPL wont really give me an advantage in that sense? I can try for the cadet programm but if i fail than i will go overseas to get a CPL? doesn't that makes more sense and at the mean time i could save up money for that?

If you are Spore citizen, yes, you can wait until you're 26 then apply and see if you get it. Go work at something else for 2-3 years after graduating Uni. Many SQ pilots did that.

SQ will be lucky to have you, since you are so totally focused on them. I really mean it. I don't mean to knock SQ but many of their pilots are not passionate about flying at all. After their initial 250 hours on GA, they never want to fly light aircraft again. I have met so many. To them, being a pilot is just a job. Tell me something, if you never make it to SQ, but you're a professional pilot getting paid to fly, would you be happy? Are you thinking that you only want to fly with SQ?

I'm just suggesting that if you're really into flying, why not start early and then go from C152 to C172, Seneca, King Air, Beech 1900, CRJ, A320/B737, A330, B747, A380, B787 ........ aaaahhhhhhh................. so many aircraft to fly, so little time.

Getting into SFC also depends on whether they want to accept you or not. It does not mean if you're willing to pay you sure to get in. Also, its damn expensive compared to other options. Something like S$140,000 (so, I heard. Don't quote me).

Anyways, how about a shout out from some Singaporean self-sponsored that are currently pilots in outfits other than SQ?! Lets hear your stories.

Last edited by Sonic69; 17th Sep 2008 at 12:45.