PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways losing instructors
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2008, 09:08
A320 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Qatar Airways losing instructors

Is there any one who cares about the future of QA?

Never mind the incompetent crew helpdesk, or the bad rostering, lately we are taking a serious turn in the flight ops, especially the training department.

Forcing A330 instructors to fly the 320 after denying them to fly the 777, while denying the 320 instructors their right of moving to other types!!!
It sounds like simply: "annoying everyone policy".

Surprise: your instructors of both types are having interviews in Ehihad during September and October.
I am writing this out of care to this company that I served for many years, it hurts to see the new ops management demoralizing their personnel like that.

I paid my time on the 320 and will never fly it again, force me if you can.

The problem will never be solved like that for the 320 trainers, simply because the 330 TREs will become 320 SFEs also, meaning: the 320 TRE will automatically do the LI job since on one else will fly the line training flights, and the 330 fleet has no shortage of the Line instructors, it is simple mathematics and pilots see it.

I know that many 320 trainers will resign the training soon, just to go to either another type or another airline.

Ops management: try to keep them, before it is too late, unless you want them out so other TREs/TRIs may join QA as direct entry instructors!

I have a question: why did you deny the 330 trainers to go to the 777 and now you want them to co-operate by demoting them without any financial compensation?

I am shopping around and it seems that Korean is a good option with a commuting contract.