PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEIR Training in Northern NZ
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2008, 04:44
flysaucer1200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few notes on people mentioned, from experience

I concur with MattyJ ( ASA Mr Tecnam ) . WS is certainly experienced, however, his schedule, personality and sometimes his femininity and all liabilities to his students. And, also, I have heard him mention, swear ,yell, become sulky when he has been assigned to fly IFR in the twin

MattyJ is 100% correct. There are ambitious eager young boys and girls in almost desperation to produce two engine hours, and their inexperience and immaturity will again cost the student- that’s you
XRNZAF.

One particular gentlemen that would be an asset if you were to fly at Ardmore FS, is, ‘Mr Paul Scruby‘. He is elderly and experienced. Great person and loves teaching, takes great pride in watching his students do well. And pass

Finally, with regards to AFS, I know students that take 6, 9 even 12 months to complete a twin IFR. That is a fact, and only passing it on to the reader. The reasons are, only two duchesses and likely one or the other is often in maintainence, or most commonly, booked out by the large horde of local and international students, and lastly due to the instructors prejudiced and indecision as to which student to pluck from the student bank. Even having the odd twin instructor come in from another job doesn’t assist, oh but they are usually stroking their ego, and are greedy fro more money. which hurts AFS

With regards to Eagle. M Foster is highly experienced and flies all sorts around the field, and he‘s a nice person. I wouldn’t recommend Darryl. Have witnessed many occasion his calls, decisions, methods etc and all were questionable. Not to mention his unenthusiastic attitude. If you pay
XRNZAF, you would only wish for a whole hearted effort, right. Not with D

As for the rest of the names mentioned. Don’t know. Only want to tell you about the ones I have dealt with and seen on many occasion, and therefore would know.
Good luck with the IFR